Amazon Web Services or AWS was launched in 2006. This was a full cloud service offering that included virtual machines, storage, databases, identity management, and so on being hosted in the cloud by Amazon.
AWS Management Console:
- Web application for managing Amazon Web Services
- Perform different tasks such as creating S3 buckets, launching EC2 instances and configuring CloudWatch alarms
AWS Command Line Interface:
- Unified tool
- Manages several AWS services from the command line
- Automates all the services through scripts.
AWS provides number of compute products that allows to deploy, run, and scale applications as virtual servers, code or containers.
Different Computer Services are following
- Amazon EC2 – Virtual Servers in the Cloud
- Amazon EC2 Container Service – Run and Manage Docker Containers
- AWS Lambda – Run Code in Response to Events
- Amazon EC2 Container Registry – Store and Retrieve Docker Images
- Amazon Lightsail – Launch and Manage Virtual Private Servers
- Amazon VPC – Isolated Cloud Resources
- AWS Batch – Run Batch Jobs at Any Scale
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk – Run and Manage Web Apps
- Auto Scaling – Automatic Elasticity
Cloud storage is secure, scalable and reliable component that includes the information used by applications.
- Amazon S3
- Amazon Glacier
- Amazon EFS
AWS provides fully managed NoSQL and relational databases, and in-memory cache to suit application needs.
AWS database services include:
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) – supporting six widely used database engines
- Amazon DynamoDB – a quick and flexible NoSQL database service,
- Amazon Aurora – a MySQL-compatible relational database
- Amazon Elasticache – an in-memory cache service with Memcached and Redis support.
- Amazon Redshift – a petabyte-scale data warehouse service.
- AWS provides AWS Database Migration Service – a service that allows easy and economical to migrate databases to AWS cloud.
Developer Tools –
AWS Developer tools is a set of services that are offered to allow developers securely version control and store the source code of applications. Also, it aids to build, test and deploy the application automatically.
- AWS CodeBuild
- AWS CodeDeploy
- AWS CodePipeline
- AWS CodeCommit
Management Tools –
Aids to manage the applications and resources.
Different management tools are
- Amazon EC2 Systems Manager: Configure and Manage EC2 Instances and On-premises Servers
- AWS CloudTrail: Track User Activity and API Usage
- AWS Config: Track Resource Inventory and Changes
- AWS Service Catalog: Create and Use Standardized Products
- AWS Personal Health Dashboard: Personalized view of AWS service health
- Amazon CloudWatch: Monitor Resources and Applications
- AWS Cloud Formation: Create and Manage Resources with Templates
- AWS OpsWorks: Automate Operations with Chef
- AWS Trusted Advisor: Optimize Performance and Security
Security and Compliance –
Allows customers to know the proficient controls at AWS to maintain data protection and security in the cloud.
- Amazon Inspector – automated security assessment service.
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) – controls users access to AWS services.
- AWS Artifact – the portal offers on-demand access to AWS compliance and security documents (audit artifacts).
- Amazon Cloud Directory – set up flexible cloud-native directories to organize hierarchies of data along numerous dimensions.
- AWS Certificate Manager – seemlessly manage, provision, and deploy Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificates.
- AWS CloudHSM – fulfill regulatory, contractual and corporate compliance requirements for data security by utilizing dedicated Hardware Security Module (HSM).
- AWS Directory Service – allows AWS resources and directory-aware workloads to utilize managed Active Directory in AWS Cloud for Microsoft Active Directory.
- AWS WAF – web application firewall that aids in protecting web applications from web threats that could eat up excessive resources, or compromise security, hinder application availability.
Provides several messaging services and tools with diverse abilities.
- ·Simple Email Service (SES)- Email Sending and Receiving
- ·Pinpoint- Push Notifications for Mobile Applications
- ·Simple Notification Service (SNS)- Pub or Sub, Mobile Push and SMS
- ·Simple Queue Service (SQS)- Managed Message Queues
Application Services –
Offers a large amount of managed services for use with applications such as converting digital media into different formats, including search website, and hosting streaming application.
- Amazon Elastic Transcoder – Simple Scalable Media Transcoding
- Amazon API Gateway – Build, Deploy, and Manage APIs
- AWS Step Functions – Coordinate Distributed Applications