In this blog I will capture some data analysis requirements about Procurement Analytics.
Let’s learn about some key terms in procurement industry.
Procurement is the process to acquire products and services from suppliers.
It involves some key tasks like how much and when to purchase products and services, actual purchasing process and process of receiving the requested products or services.
Here is some steps which are normally followed in Procurement industry.
Now imagine, if we have below data related information , then we can proceed with reports and dashboard creation processes.
- Product related (ID , Category , Class, Commodity, Family, Segment etc.)
- Organization related (Org ID , Name , Country)
- Supplier related (Code, Name, Address, Status, Contact Person, Industry etc)
- Region related (Code, Name, Country, State, City, Address)
- Purchasing Organization (ID, Name)
- Invoice related (Number , Date , Quantity, Amount etc.)
- Good Receipt related (Number , Date , Quantity, Amount etc)
- Purchase related (Number , Date , Quantity, Amount etc)
Let’s create 4 dashboards for different areas and one dashboard for role-based.
- Spend Analysis : Expenditure related information.
- Supplier Analysis: Supplier related information
- Purchasing Lifecycle: Purchasing life cycle related details
- Planning : Budget related information.
- Role-based: It will be the landing dashboard for any role based login and will have summary level of information.
For each dashboard we could have multiple pages and each page will contain multiple reports.